What is an Initiative?
These are your engines of progress. They focus on a specific milestone to set forth plans and actions for achieving a quantifiable objective.
- Initiatives provide structure and actionable plans.
- Initiatives are not fixed in stone. They are constantly evolving, re-evaluated, and in motion.
- Initiatives are always asking the question: "How does this align with my North Star?"
- It's not about doing action for the sake of action
- Task-lists / To-dos creates a false sense of achievement
- Map all actions to your North Star. Filter out things that don't move the needle.
- All actions are squared up, with its importance, expected progress, and worthiness assessed.